Client: Socify / Role: Designer / Technologies: Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma
In essence Socify is a social platform where users keep in touch and share experiences with friends.
I imagine any demographic would find utility in the app. However, I consider the target market to be young adults between 15 and 35 who are usually more active in social media.
To understand user needs, pain points and behaviours I met and interviewed some people part of the target market, mainly young adults inside the 15 – 35 demographic bracket. Through these interviews I gathered some essential information, mainly about the issues they have experienced while using the app.
1. How old are you?
2. What does your typical day look like?
3. What are some of the apps you use on a regular basis?
4. How often do you use an app for connecting with friends?
6. What other ways do you make use of to communicate with friends?
7. What is your biggest frustration when using social platforms?
8. What do you like or dislike about these other apps you use?
After finalising these interviews I found that people enjoy sharing their pictures, but phone pictures compromise quality and that there is a certain frustration that the shared content will be lost in the middle of all the other information.
1. Smartphone pictures looks pretty low on quality
2. Sharing pictures from your phone should be more intuitive.
3. There seems to be a desire to have easier access to photo filter functionality.
1. Single place where you select the networks you want to share the pictures on.
2. Quick and intuitive usage of filter functionality.
3. Ability to create more interactive group chats.
1. Powerful filter functionality.
2. Feed share.
3. Live chat.
4. Group chat.
The goals of the project have been achieved. The design process helped creating an efficient and appealing product for the user through addressing their main concerns and ensuring the app provides a much more intuitive and pleasing experience.